"Cheese!" Why do we teach our children to say such silly things?
Wait, you say, that's it? Well, you just had to be there to see the little look in those beautiful brown eyes. When I asked her if those were the shoes she wanted to wear, her eyes lit up with excitement. Now they weren't the perfect style for the outfit she had on, but at least they matched colorwise! I am usually the matching queen. I love it when the accessories perfectly match the outfit. I love it when my kids wear matching clothes, and, believe me, those days are fading fast and usually only exist for major holidays and events and with major bribery. But I was able to appreciate the moment, and she proudly wore her little lavender tapestry shoes from China on our errand to secure Mommy's sanity for the day.
They do look good, especially from her perspective!
- 3 servings of Cheerios and milk
- 1 bowl of Teddy Grahams
- 6 oz. of milk in a bottle
- 1 bowl of Whale crackers (contraband she found stashed in the girls' room when I wasn't looking)
- 1/2 mozzarella string cheese stick
- 1 boatload of fresh pineapple (I finally had to cut her off)
- 1 handful of ice cold frozen peas
- 4 cubes of colby jack cheese
- 2 oz. of diluted Gerber Graduates juice to wash it down!