Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ups and downs...


It's quiet...at least for the moment...so here's a quick update. Tuesday was an early release day for the kids. Thank goodness! The weather was also beautiful, and the early afternoon found my yard full of kids and squirt guns. I banned the Super Soakers until bathing suit weather, but they managed to have a raucous time anyway. It was a great distraction for my miserable baby girl. On top of feeling lousy, she was none too happy about her busted forehead.


I can't tell you how happy I was to see

these kids and soak up a little sun..


We were just getting ready to leave my hairdresser's Tuesday morning when she lost her balance and fell forward into the corner of the coffee table. I knew it wasn't going to be good by the way she landed. Sure enough, the corner of the table punctured a good little hole in her forehead. It looked pretty deep, and I contemplated what to do. After consultation with the pediatrician, we decided to go with a butterfly...much less traumatic than trying to stitch up the forehead. So far, she's left it alone. She whimpers every now and then, so I'm sure it's bruised. I changed the butterfly bandage today. It looked good, but it started to pull apart a little, so I quickly bandaged it again.


One trip down the slide and she was done...


I started feeling the aches, cough and sore throat Tuesday night, and I was basically useless yesterday. I got dressed. That was big. I ran a couple of errands and got kids where they needed to be last night. I did start taking the Tamiflu, but I am not a big fan. It made me nauseous for a couple of hours. I'm kind of torn on whether to continue taking it. I keep giving myself a mental pep talk about not getting sick, but I've resorted to taking the sniffling-sneezing-coughing-aching-stuffy-head-fever-so-you-can-keep-on-going-medicine.


Just moments ago...

Caroline is still not quite herself, although today is the first time she has played by herself for a few minutes since last Thursday. She hasn't run much of a fever since Tuesday. She did absolutely nothing yesterday...ate next to nothing...alternated between whining and screeching. I am SO looking forward to the return of her pleasant little self. I tried to talk her into eating lunch, but all I could get down her is half a granola bar, a couple of bites of turkey and one bite of yogurt. While I was changing laundry, she curled up in the chair in her room and fell asleep. I'm taking a risk here. She is usually dry after her naps, but she doesn't have a pull-up on right now. I just couldn't make myself wake her up. Here's hoping...


Back to laundry...and about a million other things I need to be doing.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Tell little Miss Caroline that Kylie is already talking about spending two days in "Indpolis wif Taro-yine!" so that she'd better get better already!
Glad you got to enjoy some sun!
See you in a few weeks...