Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quick update...

I hate posts without pictures, but I gotta find the card reader for my new camera. I did get some pretty impressive shots at dusk last night! Of course, I had accidentally turned on the bracketing function and messed up several shots before I figured out what was going on. Duh.

So, Jon made it in from Salt Lake City and across town, even stopping to pick up a pizza to go with our homemade enchiladas. Since we couldn't dine out, my little Chinese princess requested mexican food for her Gotcha Day dinner. Hee. Alex managed his way here from IU...today is his birthday, and I've been busy on his cake this morning. Got to the doctor and back with Mindy (ear and sinus infections). Practice for Abby was canceled. We stuffed ourselves and watched a movie as the snow fell and the winds howled. Most of our six to eight inches blew up against the closest solid surface, so we have lots of drifts here and there. It's still pretty windy so we may postpone our sledding until tomorrow.


Still working on a Gotcha Day post and a few others. Check back later...

3 comments:

Judi said...

We got over a foot here! We're snowed in, but it sure is pretty!

Kristi said...

Glad you guys had a cozy evening together! Miss you all!

Tricia said...

My parents live about 30 miles from Dayton, OH [not too far from you--as the crow flies]. They had 14 inches and are snowed in. My mom said they're under a level 3 which means no one is allowed on the roads unless it's an emergency. yuck!

Glad to hear you're playing with the new camera...hope to see some fun snow shots.