Thursday, May 13, 2010

Still here...

I haven't sat down since last Thursday's post, but I'm still here. It's the month of May, and I'm in survival mode...making sure everyone has eaten at least once a day, fresh underwear and socks are available(note to self...that will be an issue by tomorrow morning if I don't get that load in the wash), kids to school, kids to practices, programs and the like, and everyone is accounted for at the end of the day. Throw in a few errands and appointments and trying to keep up with photography jobs and I'm pretty much at the point of pretending that I'm cleaning and meal planning.



The good news? Eleven days of school left. ELEVEN. E-L-E-V-E-N. I have never been so ready for summer break. And that's sayin' something. This has been a long, tough, exhausting school year, and I'm ready for it to be done. I'm not so ready for Mindy to be a senior, but I'm way ready to soak up every single second of down time we can manage this summer. We have just a few weeks with nothing on the calendar, and I will be fiercely guarding those weeks.



One of those weeks we will be spending at the beach...at our beloved Hilton Head Island...for the first time in six years! I cannot begin to describe to you how thrilled we all are about that! The most energetic thing we will do that week is plop our behinds on a catamaran for a couple of hours. Other than that, it's beach, pool, bike rides and eating. Lather, rinse, repeat. And the only way I'll be able to convince the troops (and myself) to load up the van and leave is to bribe them with a rendezvous through Raleigh for a pit stop visit with some of Caroline's China sisters. That's my plan for now, at least.


We've got a busy weekend ahead, but I'll try to finish up a post I started last weekend.

1 comment:

Allison said...

You gonna drive through Charlotte on the way to HH? :)