Sunday, March 16, 2008

Abby's Birthday




It was a busy weekend, alright! Last Sunday, the day after the concert, we celebrated Abby's 13th birthday! I just got used to the fact that we have a teenager in the house, and now we have TWO teenagers! Just the other day, they were two little girls, arguing about whose dress had a pocket...another story for another day. I'll have to dig that picture out and find a scanner so I can share it...



Abby decided she wanted to go shopping for clothes for her birthday, so Mindy, Abby and I set out for the mall after lunch. We had a great time, despite the fact that I nearly lost my will to live in Hollister's. Between the brain-numbing music, the disdainful stares of teenagers annoyed by my mere presence in their square inch, and the fake palm fronds smacking me in the face every time I turned around, not to mention the sticker shock of a measly t-shirt, I couldn't wait to get out of there. What's even more painful is to re-read that paragraph and realize how old it makes me sound. We stopped to get take-out from our favorite neighborhood mexican restaurant and had a chocolate chip cookie cake that night. Jon baked the cake, and I decorated it. It was decidedly not my best work. I can usually knock out a decent cake, but we'll do it up right for her pool party this summer. Caroline sang "Happy Birthday" to Abby, over and over...so cute! You might remember my post of Caroline singing to Kylie...that was actually the next day.

Myspace Graphics, MySpace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Glitters, MySpace Goodies, Myspace Codes at www.MyGlitterSpace.com



One more year, and Abby will be in high school. That causes my heart to ache a little bit. As fast as time flies from day to day, I know in the blink of an eye my girls will be grown. I am so blessed to be a mom to two such beautiful young girls. And tonight I'm ever so thankful for sweet memories of a little strawberry blonde girl who bounced her way through childhood, with her beloved, bedraggled baby doll in tow, stomping through every puddle she could find...in her sister's high heels! Ah, yes...another story for another day...

3 comments:

C.C. said...

Happy birthday, Abby!! You're officially now a teenager:-)

Kristi said...

Happy 13th Abby!

And Cindy, I went into a Hollister ONCE (and I swear it will be my only trip in!) I found a cute pair of pants and asked for them in my size and the girl said (with shocked, wide-open eyes), "I don't think Hollister makes clothes that big!" And I was wearing a size 10 back then... Glad you survived your trip into the store!

Glenna said...

It's so hard for me to believe that my beautiful little red-headed niece is now a teenager!....and she grows cuter everyday! Happy Birthday, Abby...I love you!....Glenna